enjoy Subtropics 25… responsibly
Subtropics Organization continues to follow the recommendations of local, state and federal agencies in monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19). We are following the established Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommended facility maintenance and personal hygiene guidelines to limit exposure and spread of the virus for the safety of our patrons and staff during events of our Subtropics 25 Festival.
|Best Practices for Preventing Illness|
|The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to the virus. The virus is thought to spread mainly from close person-to-person and possibly from contact with infected surfaces or objects. The following actions help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases: |
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
• Stay home when you’re sick
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
• If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces (especially cell phones) using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) does not recommend that people who are well wear a face mask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19.
Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of disease to others.